Started in 1992 by our owner and president William Switzer, WDS Enterprises, Inc. has grown from modest beginnings to hauling for some of the most respected companies in Michigan and around the country.
WDS staff and employees work together to get the loads done. From the mechanics, drivers, planners, managers, IT, accounting, and human resources, everyone is a spoke in the wheel that makes WDS Enterprises, Inc.
WDS's home terminal is in Shepherd Michigan. A small town known for maple syrup and it's friendly atmosphere. At WDS we strive for the same feel. Everyone knows everyone, from the drivers to the mechanics and everyone in between.
We are customer focused, proactive, truck load specialist meeting the needs of the transportation industry.
· Honest/Fair in all actions and business endeavors
· Respectful of others at all times. Fellow employees and customers
· Strive for perfection. On-time, without incident
· Adhere to our laws and regulations that govern our industry
· Are the power behind our commitment to our customers
· Work in an environment of fairness and mutual respect
· Work where teamwork and dedication to excellence are valued
· Are provided employment opportunities without discrimination
· Respectful at all times
· Strive for excellence
· On time deliveries
· Proactive communication
· Competitive price structure
· Follow DOT regulations
· Be proactive with daily planning and diligence
· Think before you act. Get out and look before you begin backing in
· Regularly scheduled safety memos and training
· Safe and clean work environment
· Strive for the highest fleet fuel mile per gallon in the truck-load carrier industry Proof Point: Awarded by United States EPA as a SmartWay Transport Partner – Top Tier of Carbon Efficiency- 2013
· Dispose of oil by repurposing it as heating oil
· Recycle office waste; paper, plastic, cardboard, ink cartridges, etc.
· Rebuild new trucks using used components from used trucks
· Redistribution of customer’s excess and mismarked products to charitable organizations versus outright disposal of the product